Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DrWhy
    Participant

Hello, I hope you don’t mind a couple of questions:
    1. I’ve added an audio file to my gmedia minima gallery, but cannot find the way to autoplay or give the user an option to play the music when the gallery loads.

2. Is it possible to make the images that the minima gallery is showing larger? Even in FS mode, the images do not come close to filling the area between the top bar and the thumb-nails.

Incidentally, is there a FAQ or manual resource? As I am just getting started, I’m hitting a lot of issues where some basic instructions would be golden.

Thx.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, audio files now supported only by Optima module and Music Player module. Flash modules are not very customizable except colors. There are other modules which have Fit/Fill setting, but not the Minima module.
    I’m working to add some instructions for plugin as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

DrWhy
    Participant

Thanks Rattus, I’ve switched to Optima and it works. I’ve another issue with iPhones and iPads – I just see a gallery of images instead of the sliders. Other discussion suggests a java conflict, but the solution seems to be custom. Can you help with that, or should I post a new topic?

Rattus
    Keymaster

IDevices and other mobile devices don’t support flash, so you see alternative jQuery gallery like thumbnails grid.

DrWhy
    Participant

All this is a new dimension for me, so thanks for patiently explaining 1+1 at this stage of the curve.

So RealSlider would work on an iDevice (it also resizes each photo, but it doesn’t play audio. But I could make a music player, and just drop it onto pages that need music – good control for the user too. Is that right thinking?

Could you also please explain the pricing system for gmedia? Not that I mind paying $40 all – if it helps you create, develop and maintain these pretty awesome products. There’s a lot for free, but I’ve noticed that Optimum is a Premium module, for example. I installed it without paying for it. RealSlider has a funny yellow banner, which isn’t cool, or will it become inactive after 28 days or something?

Rattus
    Keymaster

Yes, you could put few different modules on one page like RealSlider and music player.
    All premium modules are full functional, without any limits and free to test on your website, but without license key you’ll see backlink banner which will disappear after you save license key in settings. So, everyone can test modules or ask support if something not working before purchasing.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Sorry for slow answers. I’m on vacation this week and it is hard to find internet here.

DrWhy
    Participant

Crikey, enjoy your holiday. I’m very grateful for the excellent support and amazing plug-in. Just let me point out, in case anyone else reads this post, my site was loading slow – but pingdom and google page insights showed it’s primarily an issue with the server response times and some JS in the theme. Gmedia gallery is quick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Gmedia Gallery WordPress Plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum