Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    webdev
    Participant

Hopefully, you can help. I cant find an option to batch rename images in specific albums or use the image ID as the Title versus the name of the image. Suggestions?

webdev
    Participant

I guess this is more of a feature request? Any plans to implement? I think it would be easier to use the image ID.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Select items in Gmedia Library -> in Action dropdown choose “Batch Edit”

webdev
    Participant

Ahh yes I had found this and also per Album, however, this is a rename per file instance, we have over 7,000 images and many many more being prepared for upload. There is no way to use the ID image as the name and hide the real name of the file. Or to batch rename increasing the file name with a variable such as # to represent a series i.e FileName# would actually be filename1,2,3,4,5,etc and so forth. Do you know of a method such as this? For large Galleries, this would be a dream come true.

Rattus
    Keymaster

So, as I understand you want to batch rename filename (not image title). I’ll add this to “Batch Edit” in next version.

webdev
    Participant

Yes exactly, that would be fantastic. Or simply having the ability to select to use image ID as the filename during Batch Edit. I am sure you get it though. Much appreciated and I look forward to seeing this in action.

Rattus
    Keymaster

In the latest version of Gmedia Gallery (v1.6.3) I’ve added filename renaming to “Batch Edit” action.

webdev
    Participant

Worked Fantastically! You guys are rock stars. Not a single problem. I was able to rename 7,500+ images according to database ID which was perfect!. Thank you so much.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Gmedia Gallery WordPress Plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum