Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    kosis
    Participant

(1) It appears one has to completely redo all the color schemes for galleries; is that correct? All of mine have been reset to default color schemes.
    (2) It appears that galleries are now called albums; is that correct? Or what is the difference?
    (3) Galleries using uncategorized images do not appear under Albums/Tags, so it is not possible to edit them or rearrange the image order. They appear und Tags but cannot be edited. How does one get them to appear?
    (4) The order of all the image in every gallery has been scrambled. Was that intentional? Or do I have a bug?
    (5) My Manage Modules section has no Update button or option for updating modules.
    (6) In Create/Manage Galleries, the entire left hand side of each gallery is covered by an image of the module, obscuring the link to open the gallery for editing.
    (7) Why can one no longer create Categories? Does one have to use the hardwired default categories? That renders the plugin useless, it seems. I have found the screen where one assigns categories to an image, but those default categories are the only ones available. What happened to earlier categories?

Very confusing, I must say. Can you help?

kosis
    Participant

Perhaps I should have been more specific in #6 above: I cannot edit any galleries because the links to open them up for editing are obscured by an image of the module. Clicking on that image merely selects it, but there is no option to open a selected gallery for editing.

Rattus
    Keymaster

(1) Yes, all gallery settings are reset, because plugin was full rewritten from scratch and there are new fields in database for settings
    (2) Categories created in old versions of plugin renamed to Albums. Categories now are static (you can’t add or remove them) and can be used only for images. This needs for future iOS application.
    (3) Galleries now can not use images without terms (categories, albums, tags), so you need to assign at least one term to image to show it in the Gallery.
    In latest plugin version (v0.9.7) I’ve added ability to edit broken galleries. Albums is the only term where you can order items, so go to Albums, Tags… page -> edit album to change image order in it. Tags and Categories shows images ordered by ID descending.
    (4) Albums is the only place where you can order images, so go to Albums, Tags… page -> edit album to change image order in it. Then choose this album to show in gallery.
    (5) Perhaps your server can’t get modules list to show updated modules. Here are links to ZIP files of modules. You can install them on Manage Modules page by clicking “Install Module ZIP” button:
    Phantom (v1.5): https://codeasily.com/download/phantom-module-zip/
    PhotoBox (v0.5): https://codeasily.com/download/photobox-module-zip/
    Slider (v3.5): https://codeasily.com/download/slider-module-zip/
    Optima (v2.5): https://codeasily.com/download/optima-module-zip/
    (6) Image of module used as checkbox to select galleries. To edit gallery click on gallery title link. (Note: for edit broken galleries update plugin to v0.9.7)
    (7) Categories are optional for now and can be assigned only for images. Categories needs for future iOS application. Use Albums instead. All earlier user created categories are now albums.

kosis
    Participant

Thanks for responding; much appreciated.

You wrote: “(3) Galleries now can not use images without terms (categories, albums, tags), so you need to assign at least one term to image to show it in the Gallery.”

But at least in one gallery, all the images did indeed have assigned tags, and the gallery still does not show up under Albums; it shows up under Tags but is not accessible for editing — clicking on the gallery title only enables me to change the name, not edit the order.

You wrote: “(4) Albums is the only place where you can order images, so go to Albums, Tags… page -> edit album to change image order in it. Then choose this album to show in gallery.”

V0.9.7 does not fix this issue for me; I still cannot edit the albums. The links are hidden behind the module image.

You wrote: “(6) Image of module used as checkbox to select galleries. To edit gallery click on gallery title link. (Note: for edit broken galleries update plugin to v0.9.7)”

That is my point above: there is no gallery title link; it is obscured by the module image.

You worte: “In latest plugin version (v0.9.7) I’ve added ability to edit broken galleries. Albums is the only term where you can order items, so go to Albums, Tags… page -> edit album to change image order in it. Tags and Categories shows images ordered by ID descending.”

But certain older albums are not appearing under Albums, Tags; that is, there is no way to choose the album — it no longer exists. v0.9.7 does not fix this issue.

You wrote: “(5) Perhaps your server can’t get modules list to show updated modules. Here are links to ZIP files of modules. You can install them on Manage Modules page by clicking “Install Module ZIP” button:”

Thanks for the links, but I’m still using the Minima module until the gallery is more stable. Do I need to update that one as well?

Thanks again.

kosis
    Participant

Regarding uncategorized galleries no longer showing up:

You wrote: “(3) Galleries now can not use images without terms (categories, albums, tags), so you need to assign at least one term to image to show it in the Gallery.
    In latest plugin version (v0.9.7) I’ve added ability to edit broken galleries. Albums is the only term where you can order items, so go to Albums, Tags… page -> edit album to change image order in it. Tags and Categories shows images ordered by ID descending.”

The gallery exists, but I cannot order the images because it is not listed under Albums, Tags -> Albums.
    I assigned a category term “People” to all the images in the gallery, and the gallery still does not show up under Albums, Tags -> Albums, so I cannot edit the order.
    I was able to click on 2 letters of the album/gallery link and assign the gallery to “Show supported files from -> Tags” and “Choose Tags” — I saved the gallery, but it still does not show up under Albums, Tags -> Albums.

I’m unsure what to do next.

kosis
    Participant

Another issue, I think:

I created a gallery, then selected it and tried to delete it, but the deletion failed. One cannot delete the gallery.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Ok, you set to show images with chosen tags in your gallery. But Tags not support ordering images. You should choose “Show supported files from -> Albums” then select Album(s) from which to show images in gallery. Each Album will be separate tab in gallery if module supports tabs.
    Go to “Albums, Tags..” page and edit album you chosen for gallery -> here you can change images order.
    So, in Gallery you can only choose source from which to grab images (albums or tags or categories) and change settings like colors and appearence.
    Using Albums is preferred for Galleries, because in albums you can change images order. I’ll add also custom filters soon, so you’ll be able to grab images from library with custom parameters.
    To change order in the Album you need to edit this album on “Albums, Tags…” page.

Rattus
    Keymaster

My bad. Fixed in 0.9.8. You are like my favourite beta tester :)

kosis
    Participant

Here a screenshot of the obscured galleries (all are obscured like this). Also a scrreenshot of the “Albums, tags…” where “Reproduction of Auguste’s Bust” gallery does not appear.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    kosis
    Participant

Sorry: here’s the screenshot of the obscured galleries (can’t access gallery link to open edit screen):

Attachments:
    kosis
    Participant

Here are the galleries that appear under “Tags” but not under “Albums” — so I cannot order the images. How do I get them to appear under “Albums”?

Attachments:
    kosis
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rattus
    Keymaster

What browser are you use? Tested On Chrome (OS X) .

kosis
    Participant

Firefox and then tried it on Internet Explorer. Same result.

paladuma
    Participant

Sorry, but my impression about new Version (have 0.9.8 installed) is very bad. it has a lot of faults.

1. I had to start the database update more than 20 times, since it was interrupted after a few items, with or without error message.
    2. During database update a lot of image files were lost, and it is not possible to clear this mistake by restoring the lost files, since the image size datas are lost too and are not possible to restore. The consequence is that the restored images are not visible inside the library and in the album view.
    3. The thumbnails show not the correct images, the show an image of an other album or no thumbnail. Example: http://blog.berndreichert.de/?page_id=7462
    4. it is not possible to delete any item. If I selct an item for deletion and start the “delete”-function, the side mimes deletion of the item, but it will not deleted realy.
    5. The module thumbnails in the gallery manager overlap the gallery names – it makes it very difficult to use the gallery manager.

All listed faults were not actually in the former version 0.3.6.

I use Mozilla Firefox.(V. 28.0)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum