Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    kpetti
    Participant

When I make changes to the Active Skin Options and click Save Changes, they do not save. I tired this in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Overall I love how the FLAGallery runs. You can check it out at:
    http://anatomiaitaliana.com/travel-blog/

KP

Rattus
    Keymaster

Be sure ‘/plugins/flagallery-skins/’ folder and subfolders are writeable (chmod 755 or 777).
    If not helps try disabling other plugins one by one (could be plugin conflict).

kpetti
    Participant

This is what I did and it all works perfectly now. Many thanks for the support.

KP

audionet1
    Participant

I am having this issue as well. I have checked permissions and all are as you specified above. I then deactivated other plugins but the same issue persists. I have wordpress 4.1 – I can get to the skins page and the options dialog box appears which allows me to enter changes. When I click save changes it just spins and spins but never saves the changes or gives me an error so I am not sure what is causing the problem. I made sure wp-content/plugins/flagallery-skins is set to 755 and also tried 777 with no luck. I tried this on minima 1.4 and photoblog skins. Is there anything else I should check?

ghostlingcub
    Participant

Also having the same problem, as much as I love the plugin unfortunately I think I have to switch plug ins at this point

Rattus
    Keymaster

Also be sure you have no .htaccess file in ‘wp-content’ folder. If it there delete it, because it restrict access to plugins’ files.

fitli65
    Participant

Hi there…
    Same problem with my system!

PHP 5.6
    child-theme of: uDesign
    wp-content/plugins/flagallery-skins is 777
    no .htaccess file in wp-content and subfolders
    uninstalled all not used plugins

still not possible to save any changes on skins…
    thanks for your help
    David

fitli65
    Participant

… more information:
    even editing setting.xml does not take effect in the backend!
    for example: /wp-content/plugins/flagallery-skins/photo_pro_jn/settings/settings.xml

looks like there is a problem with paths of the setting files?
    thanks for your support and best regards
    David

Rattus
    Keymaster

@fitli65: Give me access to your WP Dashboard, so I can look closer what happens. Use Contact Page for credentials.

fitli65
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rattus
    Keymaster

@fitli65: When plugin tries to save skin’s settings it tries to POST data to this file:
    http://cristina-pasaroiu.com/wp-content/plugins/flash-album-gallery/lib/constructor.php
    But receives 403 Error (Forbidden by Server). You should ask your hosting about that problem.

fitli65
    Participant

OK!
    Thanks for this… I will contact the server support…

watsonjohn759
    Participant

When I roll out improvements to the Active Skin Options and snap Save Changes, they don’t spare. I tried this in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox and still no good fortune. Any assistance would be valued.

Rattus
    Keymaster

@watsonjohn759
    Perhaps, you have the same problem as @fitli65 . I can’t tell more without seeing the problem.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Skins’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum