Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rkrakow
    Participant

I upgraded to the latest version of the gmedia plugin. I had uploaded 4 audio files and was editing the names so they would be sorted correctly. When I returned to the site the next day, there was no Gmedia folder on my wordpress menu and the media I had uploaded was missing. A few days later I tried reinstalling the plugin. I got a message saying “folder already exists”. The plugin still doesn’t show up in my plugins list or on the wordpress menu. Oh yeah, and now I can’t see any media on the site and I see: [gmedia id=7] Please help!

Link:

http://saintandrewpc.org/sermons/

Rattus
    Keymaster

Seems like files in the plugin folder was corrupted. You need delete ‘wp-content/plugins/grand-media/’ folder via FTP from your server. Then install Gmedia plugin again.

Important: don’t delete ‘/wp-content/grand-media/’ folder.

rkrakow
    Participant

Thanks for this.

Hope I don’t sound too stupid, but I’m using Godaddy and WordPress for this site. Isn’t one of them hosting it?

Rattus
    Keymaster

you can also go to Godaddy admin panel -> file manager and delete plugin folder from there.

rkrakow
    Participant

I don’t see an admin panel on Godaddy. I see WP Admin but that takes me to WP and that’s where the Gmedia folder has gone missing. Again, maybe I’m not to savvy on this stuff but how about if I restore from a backup?

Rattus
    Keymaster

Every hosting (GoDaddy too) has some Control Panel for the server where you can mange files and databases and change different settings for your server, backup and restore files. Also there you can set FTP access and use that credentials in your favorite FTP program to manage website files.

Sure you can try to restore from backup if it’s easier for you than delete plugin’s folder and install plugin via WordPress admin.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Gmedia Gallery WordPress Plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum