Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pauly
    Participant

Hello, i can´t manage the categories to show up on my webpage. What have i done wrong? I attached categories and labels to each picture and on my page nothing happend. And also i´d like to know what is the difference between categories and labels. Thanks for fast reply in advance:)

Rattus
    Keymaster

Image can have only one category but many tags. Create gallery with any module choose category from which to grab images, set other parameters if needed and save. Then on Edit Page and insert gallery by clicking on it in Gmedia MetaBox. Save page to see gallery. If gallery contains 0 images or if there is some javascript error on the page – gallery may not showing up.

kosis
    Participant

Thanks for the response, but this still does not quite answer Pauly’s question, since you still did not explain the difference between categories and labels, and it seems that is confusing some users (including me).

Are Labels just another name for tags?

On the Basic Setup page, the “Labels” button offers a choice of the “Labels” already set up for each image, but no provision for “tags,” nor do the Gmedia image pages (for each individual image) provide any button or space to set or enter anything called “tags.” That is a bit confusing.

The word “tags” does not appear anywhere that I can find except on the “image” screen shot on your Gmedia introduction page, where “tag1, tag2” are listed under “Labels” under the category “Sunlight” for that single image.

In that screen shot, do “tag1” and “tag2” each refer to an indivdual image? Or does “tag1” refer to a group of images all of which are assigned to the Label “tag1”, and “tag2” refer to a group of images all of which are assigned to the Label “tag2”?

To use your Afflux module gallery at the top of that page as an example:

Are 3 “Categories” (Sunlight, BMW, Space) assigned to that gallery in the gallery’s Basic Setup page?
    Do each of those “Categories” include all the images assigned to those Categories? or just the ones listed with certain tags?

How do the “tag1” and “tag2” (Labels) function in that gallery? A screen shot of the gallery setup would be very helpful.

Thanks.

kosis
    Participant

I figured out at least the basic hierarchy. Very flexible, just not immediately intuitive.

Organizing galleries will be much easier when the sorting/ordering function is added (as in FlaGallery).

Rattus
    Keymaster

I’m working on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Gmedia Gallery WordPress Plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum