Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    garycjones
    Participant

Plug-in looks great! Surprised search for “Avada” had no results considering that it is the number one WordPress theme. Before I invest in the plug-in I just wanted to make certain that it is compatible with this theme. I love the theme and I am looking for an attractive way to display photos on my sites.

Rattus
    Keymaster

As I understand you have “Avada” WordPress theme and there are some problems when you install plugin, right?
    You should not buy license key before testing plugin and module you like. Plugin is absolutely free and you can install it from your wordpress dashboard and all premium modules are free for test too (no limits in functionality).
    If you have some problems with plugin I’m ready to support and after you’ll be satisfied with its functionality you can think about purchasing license key.

So, what problem you have with Gmedia Gallery plugin?

garycjones
    Participant

It was a pre-sales question as I had not installed the plug-in. I had no problem downloading the plug-in and activating it. I created a gallery and added some images.

Couple of questions. Is there a setting to show the thumbnails? What is the “I” that drops down onto the image. I thought it was text from the description but there doesn’t appear to be any way to add text. A few times when I went in to edit the data on an image the image wasn’t showing and it was just a blank bar.

I haven’t tried any of the other modules yet. I did notice that on one of your internal settings, I believe something about showing your button, you show the Avada portfolio, so I guess you have had some issues with this theme.

Can you add text or captions to the images in any of the modules?

garycjones
    Participant

Is this the normal response time on questions? Not very good.

Rattus
    Keymaster

I’m the only who develop and support these plugins, this site and forum, so I often have no time to answer questions and I’m sorry for that.
    In Flash modules under “i” button it should show image title and description if it exists. You can add Titles and Descriptions to images in Gmedia Library, just enter Edit Mode. I’ve never use or see Avada theme, so I don’t know if there are some conflicts with it.

Post link to your gallery page and describe the problem (maybe screenshots), so I can test and give you some answer how to solve the problem. Some problems needs closer look and I can ask access to WP admin or FTP access to solve problems. That is how support work.

garycjones
    Participant

No problem. I appreciate you are busy.

If you could just answer my questions that would help me decide if this is going to work for my sites.

It’s temporarily on this page: http://www.welcometocotacachi.ca/gallery/

Rattus
    Keymaster

If you want thumbnails be always visible you should try different modules. To change module for created gallery go to Edit Gallery and click on the module image under left menu. In popup choose different module and if you like it – Save changes.

“A few times when I went in to edit the data on an image the image wasn’t showing and it was just a blank bar.”
    Never had problems like you described. Can you send some screenshots?

All modules support titles and captions for images. I f image have title or description it will be showed in module (under “i” button or in the ligtbox depending on which module you use).

garycjones
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rattus
    Keymaster

In some flash modules if you want to see image description you need mouse hover over “i” button or click “Info” button.

Did you try to move your mouse over “i”?

garycjones
    Participant

In my opinion the need to hover over the mysterious “i” to see a caption or description is far too subtle. It would be much better to just show the description as well as the thumbnails. I will look at using other modules. Thanks.

garycjones
    Participant

Okay, I fooled around with some of the modules and settled on Afflux. It would look better if it was centered. Can you give me the CSS to accomplish that?

Thanks.

Rattus
    Keymaster

If you don’t want it to be 100% width, then just wrap shortcode with center tag, like:

<center>[gmedia id=4]</center>

Note, you should add html code in Text mode (HTML mode), but not in Visual Editor.

garycjones
    Participant

Well, this was certainly a weird one. In text mode I added the line from your email – <center>[[gmedia id=4]]</center>. That disabled the gallery completely; however, when I went back into the page the coding in text mode had been changed to what you show above, but the gallery still didn’t show. I went back into the page, but this time looked at the visual and there were extra brackets around the gallery ID. As soon as I removed those the gallery returned and it was centered on the page.

Thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Requests and Feedback’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum