Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

I have built a Phantom gallery and put the short code [gmedia id=1] in the page and all I am getting is a blank page. (http://www.cloudninespa.com/photo-gallery-gmedia/) I have searched the site for some kind of documentation for the plugin but could not find any. I have added the images to the Gmedia Library, then put the images in a categorized folder and they are showing up in the Gallery I created in the Query Builder. I am at a loss on what to do next.

kosis
    Participant

There is no documentation that I know of, and the entire plugin is apparently still under development.

Just as an experiment, you might try creating a (1) category and (2) tag that basically have the same name, e.g., “Test Images” for both category and tag. Then upload a couple of images assigned (in the upload screen) to that category and that tag (you don’t need but a couple of images; you just want to see if you can get the gallery to appear).

Then choose the Minima module and create and name a gallery (the free module; again, just an experiment, because it is a simple module) and set it up (at the bottom of the settings page) to access (1) that particular category and (2) that particular label. Don’t worry about the order etc. yet. Then make sure that you have given the “Tab” a name (at the bottom of the settings page), maybe, again, the same name “Test Images” or whatever. If I do not name that tab, my galleries do not appear, but I don’t understand why.

Then save the gallery, go to your page (it seems you want it on your homepage), and enter the shortcode for that gallery wherever you want it on the page — save the page — then see if the gallery appears. Make sure your gallery width is small enough to fit in your main text area.

If I understand correctly, you don’t need to specify a category for a gallery (though I usually do), but you do need to specify which “label” or “labels” that gallery is to access (i.e., which images with which specific labels).

I hope this helps; again, I don’t entirely understand either. Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Gmedia Gallery WordPress Plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum