Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CaptainDizzy
    Participant

Hello, I’ve read all of the troubleshooting topics I could find for this, and so far none of them have helped. I’m currently building a custom WP theme using gmedia, but I can’t get it to display. I’m not calling two different versions of jQuery or anything. I do get this error on my page that I’m assuming is probably the problem:
    http://localhost:8088/wordpress/wp-content/themes/convergent/js_path/customscript.js?ver=1 404 (Not Found) ”
    I didn’t call the script so it’s being called by WP or Gmedia, and the script and path being called aren’t even real so I don’t know how to add it manually.

Also, my site is only on a local host, so I can’t really give you access to look through it, but any help you can give would be great. Thanks.

CaptainDizzy
    Participant

Okay, I found out what was causing the error I was getting and fixed it, but it didn’t change anything. I have the gmedia tag in my page correct. but so far is won’t show up; no other plugins are installed and all of my custom functions are disabled. Could it be a problem with WP?

Rattus
    Keymaster

Be sure that gallery contains pictures. You can check the count column on Manage Galleries.. page and you can also see what images grabbed when edit gallery.
    If everything is ok, but gallery is not working, then try temporary switch to some of default theme and if gallery will work than problem with Convergent theme.

CaptainDizzy
    Participant

I’m setting up a dreamhost site to test it on a live server and so I can give you a link for you to look at, but until then, is there any advice you can give me for getting my custom theme to work with gmedia? I switched my theme to the TwentyThirteen theme, and gmedia works so it’s obviously an error on my part building the theme. Like I said, I have commented out all of the scripts on the page so that only jQuery 1.10 is running, turned off all of my custom functions, and I have no other plugins active. What else could be interfering with gmedia?

Thank you very much for the help thus far.

CaptainDizzy
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rattus
    Keymaster

Seems like there is no function in your theme’s footer.php file. It needs for loading plugins’ javascript files.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_footer

CaptainDizzy
    Participant

That was it! Thank you so much!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum