Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    smaitb
    Participant

I have basic knowledge of websites and WordPress. I’m using the Sundance theme and creating a site locally right now. I’m trying to get this gallery to work on one of my currently existing pages in the website. It appears that it’s there, but I can’t see it. I say that it must be there because every time I load it, the view count goes up. I can get it to work when I go to Dashboard>GRAND Pages>Add New Gallery Page there. (And then to Appearance>Menus>GRAND Galleries>Add to Menu.) However, I’d like to add it to a page previously created so that it is in the boundaries of my theme. Does this make sense? Otherwise, it’s left in the template state that fills the entire browser with none of my theme. Can I get help without going live since it’s for a friend, and they don’t want it up until it’s completely ready? Can someone point me in the right direction if I am in the wrong place for this? Please help!

Rattus
    Keymaster

Check if gallery page have javascript errors. Open DevTools in Chrome Browser (F12) and look on Console tab.
    Some of javascript files (from other plugins or your theme) can cause an error.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Also be sure your theme contains <?php wp_head(); ?> in header.php file and <?php wp_footer(); ?> in footer.php file.

smaitb
    Participant

Yes, I have both <?php wp_head(); ?> in header.php file and <?php wp_footer(); ?> in footer.php file. This is what I got back when I went to Chrome Dev Tools like you asked:

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead. jquery.js?ver=1.10.2:4
    function sid_2063266131() { [native code] } flagscroll.js?ver=1.0:7
    function sid_2063266131() { [native code] } flagscroll.js?ver=1.0:14

Does this mean there is a javascript error? (Like I said, basic knowledge of WordPress, almost no knowledge of js or php!) Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Rattus
    Keymaster

There is no error in this code. Error text color should be red in Chrome Console. Hm… If there is no js error in console and theme’s footer.php file have wp_footer() function and gallery published and have at least one image which is open for public (checkbox not checked in last column when edit gallery) than it should be displayed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘GRAND Flagallery WordPress plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum