Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SALOU
    Participant

Hello,

i use gmediaGallery with photobox. I enable the deeplinking for my gallery in purpose to see via Google Analytics the number of viewers per each photos.

But i notice that GA doesn’t count those URL with the hash.

How can i do ?

Thanks, (and sorry for my english, i hope you’ll understand).

Rattus
    Keymaster
    SALOU
    Participant

Thank you,

i try to search en Google, but i think i didn’t have the good keyword.

Have a good day.

SALOU
    Participant

Hello,

i come back to you. I’m always in trouble with this hash thing and Google Analytics.
    I manage to configure Google Tag Manager like on your first link you gave to me. This work but only if the page is refresh.
    Have you an idea how to count every hash like #photobox124, #photobox125 etc… when the user watch a gallery ?

Thank you,

Rattus
    Keymaster

Try add this code to GA script:

window.onhashchange = function() {
        ga('send', 'pageview', {'page': location.pathname+location.search+location.hash});
    };
    SALOU
    Participant

I don’t know how to add that to my GA code.
    I try like this, is it good ?

<script>
      (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
      (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
      m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
      })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXX-XX', 'auto');
        ga('send', 'pageview', {'page': location.pathname+location.search+location.hash});
    };
    </script>
    Rattus
    Keymaster

I think it should send on page load and on hashchange, so maybe try this:

<script>
      (function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
      (i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
      m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
      })(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-XXXXXX-XX', 'auto');
      };
    </script>
    SALOU
    Participant

Thank for your help.
    It seem that the problem is not solve. GA doesn’t count the hash url change as a page view without reloading the page…

SALOU
    Participant

I found this topic on stackoverflow, maybe we have to add a little bit of code directly into Grand Media Plugin
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12538115/google-analytics-and-hash-anchor-doesnt-work?rq=1

“you need to execute this after the hash has changed. I think you are executing this when the page loads. When the hash changes the page doesn’t reload so you need to run this function call explicitly again.”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum