Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    iskye.silverweb
    Participant

Your GMedia plugin has been very useful, we have been enjoying using it. But we have noticed a few things that we think you may want to look at:

• When creating albums it seems we are unable to add pictures to more than one album. For example, if we have 2 albums – one for black & white photos and one for landscapes – we need to upload the same black & white landscape picture twice to have it in both albums.
    • Once a gallery is created there seems to be no way to go back and edit it. If we wanted to change the color of the scroll bar for example, or to change the slideshow dimensions, etc., we have to create a new gallery.
    • The shortcode ID for the galleries seems to be continually incrementing. Even though we only have 6 galleries we are now at shortcode ID #35 as it does not seem to take into account galleries that had been deleted.
    • On the library page there is a next / prev button for going through the pages, but only at the top. As we have a lot of pictures in the gallery, we have to scroll down each page, then scroll back up to the top to change pages. Adding a next/prev button at the bottom of the page would help.

Thank you for your efforts in developing a very useful and handy plugin that lets us show our photographs in an aesthetically pleasing way. With the above suggestions we think this would make your plugin even better and more useful. If you have any questions feel free to contact us at this email address.

Rattus
    Keymaster

1) I’ll think about Albums, but if I’ll make images be in multiple albums what the difference will be between albums and tags?
    2) To edit gallery just click on gallery title on Manage Galleries page. When you edit gallery you can click on module image (left top corner) to change module for current gallery.
    3) This is how auto-increment works in database. WordPress posts, pages, categories… uses the same thing – the ID always increment.
    4) I’ll add pager to the bottom in future updates.

Migrate Production
    Participant

Hello,

In response to the first question, I would love to be able to add the same image in multiple albums. This would allow me sort my images, as opposed to using tags which I can’t seem to sort the images. I might be looking at it wrong. If so, please let me know how to do this. Thanks you SO much for your help.

Best,
    L.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Gmedia Gallery WordPress Plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum