Tagged: , ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    amy
    Participant

Unless I have to hack into the plugin, is there a way to order the images without having to reupload them each time you delete one? It would be nice to be able to order the images via each gallery uniquely.

Thanks

Rattus
    Keymaster

Plugin is under hard development and this feature will appear in future versions.

amy
    Participant

So if I would need it now your recommendation is to addon the feature myself?

Rattus
    Keymaster

For now I can recommend you to sort by title (add before title 001, 002, etc) or sort by Last Modified date (you need to edit and save images fields in order you need).

amy
    Participant

Yea that works for a stop gap for now. Thanks for your help!

Now I just need to put !importants on all of the CSS elements that have conflicts with my own stylesheet.

copiousj
    Participant

is there a way to sort by id# ?

Rattus
    Keymaster

For now available orders are:

• No order
    • Order by Gmedia ID
    • Order by author
    • Order by title
    • Order by date
    • Order by last modified date
    • Random order

You can find it when create or edit gallery.

copiousj
    Participant

ok, i am having an issue, i named all images a number – 1,2,3,4,5 etc so i can just order them by name. I chose the option to do so, but it is not ordering them in the proper numerical order, It will for some but then it suddenly skips – for example – it goes from one to 11, instead of one to two and it goes from 3 to 30 – i just ordered 50 photos this way before trying out this method – just a heads up – i know its a long shot but is there any css or anything i can add to make it recognize the proper order number form the title field like i am using?
    thanks for the quick response.

copiousj
    Participant

Is there a way to edit the gmedia id?

Rattus
    Keymaster

if you want to sort images by name than you should name them like 001, 002, 003, …., 011, …., 030.
    I’ll add soon custom order to Gmedia plugin. Be patient.
    You can’t edit gmedia ID.

copiousj
    Participant

ok thanks – much appreciated.

TGoedde
    Participant

A shuffle images feature will be a great new upgrade.

Rattus
    Keymaster

If you want images sort randomly each time the page loads you can set Random Order when edit gallery.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum