Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    sw_2015
    Participant

Hello. I’m using “Custom Order” for all of my albums. When I upload new photos, or when I drag/drop to re-sort photos, then hit the “Update” button, the order of the photos changes from what I’ve set. Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong? Some of my albums have over 100 photos so when this happens it’s a huge amount of time to go back and set them to the order that I want.

Thanks in advance, great plugin.
    – SW

sw_2015
    Participant

Hi All. Has anyone else experienced trouble with album images moving out of order when using custom order? More times than not when we manually move images to the order we want them, then hit save, they all go out of whack. We are running the latest version of the plugin.

Hoping someone can help. Thank you!

Rattus
    Keymaster

When you do a custom order and moving thumbnails with drag and drop you can see order number in the top right field of each thumbnail. You can change number manually also. So it is important to set order to ASC if you want new added images to be first, because new images will be with order number = 0. And if you want added images be in the end of album, then set order to DESC.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Also if you have many images in the album, so images are on few pages on Edit Album page, You can open Screen Settings in the top right corner and set how many images to show per page.

sw_2015
    Participant

Hi Rattus. Thank you for the reply. Yes I have been using the order number in the top-right field of each thumbnail in addition to drag-and-drop sorting. What is happening, is that no matter how I set the order to how I want it, 9 times out of 10 the order will “shuffle” by itself when I hit the “save” button – the images change their order on their own. This has happened when I upload new photos and hit the “save” button, and also when I re-order manually and hit the “save” button.

I don’t always want the newest photos to be first, so the ASC and DESC do not apply for me.

Is anyone else having this same problem with custom sorting?

sw_2015
    Participant

Hi All. Reaching out one more time about the problem with custom sorting before I’ll have to find another gallery plugin to use.

Is there a known issue where the image order will shift on it own when doing a manual sort, either by drag/drop or by renumbering the thumbnail (top-right field on thumbnail)? 9 times out of 10 if I move a single image, the entire album order goes out of whack.

Would really like to stick with GMedia so please let me know if I’m missing something or if this is just a bug.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum