Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    getit
    Participant

When uploading images via Gmedia, the original images are stored in a folder called “original.”

I am curious how these images are being used?

A client has uploaded very large hi-res photos which eat major server space. Thus, the question or whether these images are being used.

QUESTIONS: Can we delete them? Can we replace them, in bulk, with more appropriately sized/resolution images of the same file name? Does every image need to be deleted and uploaded again in order to reduce the footprint on the server?

Rattus
    Keymaster

Original images used generally for image editing and to restore edited images, also you can insert original images in the post via Insert Media or link to original for download.
    In future I’ll make option to choose what to do with original images.

getit
    Participant

Great. I appreciate the fast reply.

Since some of the images my client loaded are in the 5-15M size and are print resolution, I’d like to have them create new one and replace them in bulk via FTP if possible, if that is an option, because they will take up too much server space.

If I simply deleted them, would it do any harm to the current gallery content?

Rattus
    Keymaster

If you delete original images the only thing you broke is editing images feature:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    getit
    Participant

Thank you sir!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum