Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Reino
    Participant

PROBLEM in Gmedia 0.9.13 (maybe in other versions too):
    I had a WordPress page showing a gallery.
    After I added another picture the gallery was not visible anymore in the page, although the album still contained all the pictures.

CAUSE:
    the description of the picture last added contained a number followed by a colon.

For instance 7:14
    This same problem occurs with 7: 14

SOLUTION:
    ommit the colon or put spaces around the colon, for instance 7 : 14

Rattus
    Keymaster

I’ve tried adding number followed by a colon, but gallery works fine for me.
    The problem could be in conflict with other plugin or browser extension which recognise “7:14” as time and wrap it with some html and add style and maybe some scripts. This can brake gallery. I’ll think about what can be done to avoid this problem.

Oliver
    Participant

Hi there,

I have a similar issue with descriptions on images in a gmedia library.

As soon as there is a description being applied to an image, the gallery that image sits in is not displayed any longer within the web page instance. No matter what text it is, whether it is holding special characters or noregular text or just one regular character, such as an “a”. As soon as description is in the image, it won’t show up. Removing the text again, leads to a functioning interface.

That is an absolute nogo.

I have tested this with all browsers, with and without WP plugins enabled. I have even tested this with a pure (non modified) WP install and get the same behaviour. So, this indicates, that there is an issue with the GMedia plugin, rather then with any other plugin.

Before I buy a license, I need to have the interface rock sturdy and stable. Can you guys please take a look at that and come back with a suggestion as to how to handle a workaround?

Thanks, Oliver

Rattus
    Keymaster

@Oliver :
    Can you please send me link to broken gallery?

Oliver
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Rattus
    Keymaster

@Oliver :
    I’m working to solve this problem. In next release I’ll add setting to prevent some themes format gmedia shortcode content. This setting will be on Settings page.
    Some themes provide additional shortcode to return unformated content. Try to wrap gmedia shortcode with [raw][/raw] or [noformat][/noformat]

Oliver
    Participant

@Rattus:

another indication, that the issue is within the gmedia library is the following. On the page that calls the gmedia library i have simply added text “before” and “after” the shortcode that calls the gmedia library. Both show up fine. But in between, no library showing up …

Best, Oliver

Oliver
    Participant

@Rattus
    Sorry, missed your last response. Adding [raw] … [/raw] did the magic. Thanks a lot. This was lightspeed response and help. Extraordinary service.

Best, Oliver

Rattus
    Keymaster

Thanks. If it is not hard to you and you like my plugin give it 5 star on WordPress repository: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/grand-media

Rattus
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum