Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jordi
    Participant

We have a display problem when working with te plugin. We cannot see properly. See screenshot:

Rattus
    Keymaster

That happens when some other plugin load their styles and javascript on Gmedia admin pages (but should load them only on own admin pages).
    Try deactivate other plugins one by one and check what plugin conflict with Gmedia.
    Post result here, please.

roy
    Participant

I have the same problem, an it seams that it is an conflict with the Contact Bank Standard Edition plug in. I try to deactivate all plugins. an then activate one by one, and each time I activated this plugin then the problem come back. I may have to try an other contact plugin, but the best would be if you can solve this conflict.

Rattus
    Keymaster

To @roy:
    Yes, Contact Bank plugin loads their js and css files on all admin pages, but not only on own admin pages. This is wrong and not meets WordPress coding standarts. Contact Bank’s CSS file override styles of Gmedia Gallery plugin and broke plugin’s functionality. I can’t fix this conflict. You should contact “Contact Bank” developer to fix his plugin to load plugin’s JS and CSS on own admin pages only.

Charles
    Participant

All: I found a word-around for this exact problem (CSS conflict with Gallery Bank Pro) by looking for the conflicting CSS with Firebug and installing more specific CSS. I understand the author’s point-of-view that it’s not his fault the other guys don’t play nice. But, I’m hoping he will consider using more specific CSS to work around other people poor coding practices.

I haven’t tested this fix in all cases yet. I’m just throwing this out here as it’s working for me (for now anyway). I put this in the functions.php file of the child-theme I’m using.

# Custom CSS for Admin area
    # https://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-do-i-add-css-to-admin-backend-to-displaynone-specific-menu-items

function custom_css() {
        echo '<style type="text/css">

/* Specific CSS for GMedia as CSS from Gallery Bank conflicts */
    .modal.fade.gmedia-modal.in {
        background-color: transparent;
        background-position: 0% 0%;
        background-size: auto;
        background-repeat: repeat;
        background-origin: padding-box;
        background-clip: border-box;
        background-attachment: scroll;
        background-image: none;
        margin: 0px;
        width: auto;

border: medium none; 
        box-shadow: none;
        top: 32px;
    }

</style>';
    }

add_action('admin_head', 'custom_css');
    Rattus
    Keymaster

In latest version of Gmedia Gallery plugin I’ve added “Isolation Mode” option to Gmedia Settings
    When you enable it Gmedia tries to forbid other plugins to load their JS and CSS on Gmedia admin pages.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum