Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    matt3
    Participant

Hi,

One of my clients is using the Gmedia plugin to display their galleries but they have been uploading very large images which is taking up a lot of room on my server so I am wondering if it’s possible for me to replace the images with compressed versions via FTP and then regenerating the thumbnails so it removes the old one and replaces with new ones?

For example, I did it recently with NextGen Gallery, I compressed all the images, removed them from the gallery and then uploaded them via FTP, clicked on scan for new images and it then relates to the new ones and not the old ones.

Is anything like this possible as it will save me lots of space.

Thanks

Regards

Matt

Rattus
    Keymaster

If you do not need original images on your server, then you could check “Delete original images” option on the Gmedia Settings page -> Other Settings tab. This will delete all originals and leave created thumbnails and web-optimized images.
    Original image required only for generating thumbnail and large image, also it is used for download button on some modules.

matt3
    Participant

Hmmm I don’t see that option in the Other Settings tab, my client is using Version 1.8.80. Was this introduced in a later version?

I didn’t originally build the site so not too sure what is needed and what isn’t, I just want to try and reduce the size of the images so it reduces my spend on servers.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Added in v1.8.95

matt3
    Participant

Ah OK, will give it a try :)

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Gmedia Gallery WordPress Plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum