Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ken
    Participant

The only way I can change a title on an image is to delete it and re-upload with a new title. Obviously I’m a blind photographer. What can’t I see?
    Thanks. Ken

Rattus
    Keymaster

Go to Gmedia Library -> click Action button to Enter Edit Mode -> find image you want to edit and change title in Title field -> click anywhere outside the Title field and wait until “Last edited” info changed to current time -> click Action button again to Exit Edit Mode.

If “Last edited” not updates when you change file data, then there is some error during update or JS error on the page called by some other plugin. In this case try disable other plugins to exclude plugins conflict.

Ken
    Participant

Odd but I thought I went that route earlier today…either way, problem solved. Thanks.

Charles
    Participant

I had the same problem and the answer fixed the title editing. But I cannot get the new title to show up in the gallery or on the webpage after I make the change. I close out of the editing as instructed. What step am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

Rattus
    Keymaster

If you have some cache plugins installed (like W3TC) you should reset cache to see changes.

Charles
    Participant

I am not running any cache plugins at this time as I am still constructing the site.
    Thanks

Rattus
    Keymaster

Well, then I need access to your WordPress admin, so I can see what’s happening and try to solve your problem.

Charles
    Participant

I re-saved some of the edits on the entire image gallery instead of just individual images and all the title names changed. I just needed to go one level deeper in editing.

Rattus
    Keymaster

I’m not sure if I understood you right. When edit gmedia item title or any other field in Gmedia Library it saves automatically after you click outside that field. If you leave cursor inside input field and click some link which reloads page, then field will not be saved.
    Note: after you edit any item’s field and click outside the Last Modified date should be changed to current time. That means field saved successful.

Charles
    Participant

Yes, I finally figured that out and now look for the date/time change.
    Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum