Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Markus
    Participant

Hello,
    1st of all, your gmedia plugin is awesome, it has all the features I was looking for! Specially the sharing-function, category / label and description is spot on. Keep up the good work. But I have got a few questions related to two modules:

1. Phantom / Share-function: I’m using “random image order” in the gallery settings. It looks like the random order messes with the shared id. The shared link opens to a different images during the day. Is there a way to fix this?
    Also, facebook and g+ can’t find the thumbnail of the gallery images. All shared links are using my homepage logo. Is there a way to enable the gallery-thumbnails in the sharing function for social networks?

2. Phantom module: Is it possible to align the thumbnails to the center of a page?
    I’ve got some bigger whitespace areas with the default left alignment.

3. Slider module: Is there a tutorial how to disable the css-shadow in the slider-image?
    And I like to use the original size of the images (600×400) in the slider. How can I set up this size for the slider?

Thanks in advance
    Markus
    (excuse my bad english)

Markus
    Participant

I’ve sorted 2. alignment is located in the gallery-settings.
    But I’d still appreciate tips for 1. and 3. Also, if I have got to change the image-order (to enable image-sharing), how can I change the image-ID or organise the image-order in my galleries?

Thanks Markus

Rattus
    Keymaster

Hello,
    Thanks for kind words. I’m working on huge update for Gmedia and it will be very awesome… :)
    1. I know about this problem and will fix it in future updates.
    3. Unfortunately there is no option to disable shadow. For original size (for images with height 400px) set gallery height to 432px.
    If you have multicategory Slider gallery, then set gallery height to 470px

Markus
    Participant

Thanks for the info, that’s really nice to hear.
    I’m looking forward to the update.

regards
    Markus

sillus7
    Participant

Hi,
    First, thanks very much for the plugin, it´s great work!
    However, just like Markus I´m struggling with the problem of sharing images. Is there a solution for this, please?
    Thanks in advance,
    Sillu

Rattus
    Keymaster

Share images in gallery with random order fixed in latest module version (2.1). As for Facebook and g+ I can’t solve this, because these services require special meta tags with image link to load in header.

sillus7
    Participant

Thanks Rattus for your quick response. Do you have any idea how to set those meta tags to show the actual image in the share window? i´m searching for a solution all day long with no success… thanks!

Rattus
    Keymaster
     <!-- Schema.org markup for Google+ -->
    <meta itemprop="name" content="The Name or Title Here">
    <meta itemprop="description" content="This is the page description">
    <meta itemprop="image" content="http://www.example.com/image.jpg">

<!-- Open Graph data (for Facebook) -->
    <meta property="og:title" content="Title Here" />
    <meta property="og:url" content="http://www.example.com/" />
    <meta property="og:image" content="http://example.com/image.jpg" />
    <meta property="og:description" content="Description Here" />
    <meta property="og:site_name" content="Site Name, i.e. Moz" />
    <meta property="article:tag" content="Article Tag" />

Actually for share images you can use only meta tags with image property.

sillus7
    Participant

Thanks a lot! and one more question if you don´t mind… what i don´t understand that this way i can specify only one image for all the pages, or i need to list the url tag and its image property for all pages? thanks again for your help.

Rattus
    Keymaster

I believe there are a lot of plugins for meta tags in WordPress repository, for example: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-open-graph/
    You can search with google or in plugin’s repository for multiple social services.

sillus7
    Participant

Ok, great! Thanks very much! Best regards

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Modules’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum