Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ken
    Participant

I have a number of galleries using Afflux and love it. In the one gallery included in this question, I have a single image of Junk Mail on a Tree which is uploaded in precisely the same way all the other sharp images have been but it’s much softer than the image in that size on my desktop. I upload everything at 600px x 72dpi. The gallery is set to “0” width, “0” height and “FIT”
    Can’t spot what’s wrong, Thanks.
    Here’s the gallery: http://kentannenbaum.com/simple-truths/

Rattus
    Keymaster

Try set gallery height to 502.
    Edit gallery -> Common Settings -> check “Set height manually” -> set height to 502 and Save. Now image of Junk Mail will not be scaled and will be much sharper.

Ken
    Participant

Rattus. Thanks for the response but I don’t get it. Oh, I understand what you said and tried it, but of what happens is the vertical images get downsized.

Shrinking the image will change the apparent sharpness but the issue pertains to only that single picture and I’d rather keep sizes the way they are. As it is, the photo was uploaded at
    397px x 600px x 72dpi. Can’t see why it should be put in a box that’s maxed at 502.

May I ask why you picked that number?

Either way, I may not be able to get back to this today and do appreciate your comments. Thanks, Ken

Rattus
    Keymaster

502 is the whole height of flash gallery. 397px + thumbnail height (100px) + other paddings ( 5px – 10px) = 502.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Gmedia Gallery WordPress Plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum