Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ah4kh
    Participant

in Image folder inside Grand-media folder, i found 3 folder (Image.old – Original – Thumb) what is meaning of this folder, because i found in them all picture so it is mean all image in Gallery is repeated 4 time (one time inside image folder + 3 time in each folder inside) and this is make my website size is so much.
    can you advice if I want this folder or i can remove it so i can save space (my site now continue on 7000 Image)

Rattus
    Keymaster

Gmedia saves images to ‘/wp-content/grand-media/image/original/’ folder. Then from Original image it create web optimised image with maximum size – 1600×1600 and save it to ‘/wp-content/grand-media/image/’. At the same time plugin create thumbnail with maximum size 300×300 and save it to ‘/wp-content/grand-media/image/thumb’ folder.
    There should not be folder with name image.old inside grand-media folder. Web optimised images used to show in galleries, because very often users upload images with more than 4k resolution and about 8 megabytes in size which are slowdown page load.

ah4kh
    Participant

ok thnx, so if grand media did not use original folder, can i delete image from it?

Rattus
    Keymaster

For now Gmedia use it when you want to add original image to the Post (Add Media button -> Gmedia Gallery tab -> choose image -> choose size ‘original’ -> Insert into post)
    Later Original images will be used to recreate thumbs and web-optimised images and for adding or removing watermarks…
    If you don’t need above features you can empty original folder.

Actually WordPress Media Library creates even more copies of uploaded images (original, large, medium, thumbnail and other custom sizes if it needs for theme).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum