Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    kosis
    Participant

Suddenly my embedded galleries (all Minima module) load with an eternal loop in Firefox, i.e., they never finish loading on the page. If I click on a blank image in the gallery that is trying to load, it will open the gallery full page. But the embedded gallery as a whole never finishes loading on the original page. Example:

http://www.carolineschelling.com/galleries/augustes-bust/

This problem is not occurring in Safari.
    Any thoughts?

kosis
    Participant

Resolved: It seems the plugin “Speed Up–Lazy Load” was preventing the thumbnails from loading.
    Now using “Rocket Lazy Load”; no problems.

kosis
    Participant

Unfortunately I am having trouble with Minima module galleries once more going blank when Rocket Lazy Load is activated for “images.” Do any lazy-load plugins work with Gmedia? Any suggestions? Thanks.

kosis
    Participant

Fixed in settings:

“Forbid other plugins to load their JS and CSS on Gmedia admin pages:”

Thanks for that option.

kosis
    Participant

The blank or hanging gallery screen has crept back in. The previous setting, obviously, does not affect the gallery appearance itself. My mistake. I have tried several lazy-load plugins, but none works with Gmedia. I thought the lazy-load problem was fixed in an earlier version of Gmedia. Is there any solution? Thanks.

I have turned off my lazy-load plugin, so the galleries will display properly, but I would appreciate any help.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Lazy load plugins replace image src property in the code and break gallery functionality. Lazy load plugins are good only for single images.

kosis
    Participant

Thanks for the swift response. I realize lazy-load plugins affect only single images, but unfortunately I need a lazy-load plugin for many pages. If I understand you correctly, however, one cannot use any lazy-load plugin if one is also using Gmedia gallery? Is that correct? Under no circumstances?

Thank you again for the response.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Well if lazy-load plugin have some options to set which images to affect, then there should not be a problem.
    Just set to exclude images in a div with class “gmedia_gallery”:
    .gmedia_gallery img

kosis
    Participant

Thanks again for the response. I don’t think I’m advanced enough to know where or how to set these exclusions, and no plugins I’ve tried seem to have these options.

But thank you again. I appreciate the swift response.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum