Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    padgurc
    Participant

Hi

WP 3.9 with latest Gmedia gallery 0.9.11 doesn’t work any more with me http://www.lesprima.si/galerija-slik
    Updating exsisting gallery went without problems. Playing with new gallery produce no joy and when I want
    to delete it that is not possible! PHP Version: 5.3.25 with Allow URL fopen: On

Any hint please?

Rattus
    Keymaster

Your theme format shortcode contents and break gallery. Some themes have special shortcode to prevent format other shortcodes. Try wrap gmedia shortcode with [raw] or [noformat] shortcode. Example:

[raw][gmedia id=10][/raw]

or

[noformat][gmedia id=10][/noformat]
    padgurc
    Participant

Rattus thanks for fast reply

Wrapping gmedia shortcode with [raw] shortcode seems as working but destroyed my page layout. No luck with [noformat] shortcode with my theme. :-(

padgurc
    Participant

Got it worked with [raw] shortcode.
    Still can’t delete one of the exsisting non used gallery with Manage Galleries. Can’t delete Tags with Albums, Tags… either?

p.s. And I can’t delete images from Gmedia Library too…. obviously serious read/write plugin problem!!!

Rattus
    Keymaster

Gmedia Gallery use browser cookies to remember selected items. So if cookies disabled in your browser settings you’ll not be able to delete gmedia items or assign terms to files.
    The reason also could be conflict with some other plugin.

padgurc
    Participant

> The reason also could be conflict with some other plugin.

Got it! iThemes Security plugin was the problem. When plugin disabled I can delete Gmedia items immediately. Site security is great impotrance for me so would this conflict be revised in upcoming upgrade?

Rattus
    Keymaster

I’ve installed iThemes Security plugin and it prevent Gmedia to save cookies. I don’t know why and this question not to me.
    Quick fix:
    Go to iThemes Security -> Settings -> in Global Settings section check “Disable File Locking” checkbox and Save

padgurc
    Participant

Thanks for your attention on my problem. Yes I saw the iThemes Security option with file locking but disabling it didn’t shout any progress with me. I asked iThemes Security developer for further steps to make. I will report here when (if) “bug” will be fixed I hope that this will happened soon.

Rattus
    Keymaster

Strange, when I enable “Disable File Locking” it helps me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum