Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

I am getting many (up to 13) duplicates of files that I upload into an Album. I seem to be having this problem only when I upload a large number of files. One album with 44 images and one with 189 images uploaded fine. An album with 379 images had 100+ duplicates (e.g. DSC_1234_1.jpg, DSC_1234_2.jpg, etc). An album with 920 images uploaded over 10,000 duplicate images!

Furthermore, I can’t consistently delete these files from an album from within the GMedia Gallery. I’m having to delete them from the wp-content/grand-media folder (in multiple folders). It take a long time to delete 10,000 files from multiple places! Even if I trash the whole Album from within Gmedia, the files remain in the grand-media folder, which seems like a lot of garbage to leave behind. Not my style – I’m trying to keep my site a bit cleaner than that.

I upload photo albums just once a year, so I’m not a regular user of this product. I did not have this problem last year. I use Dreamweaver as an FTP client to upload to various named subfolders in the wp-content folder of my site, then I do Add/Import to import a subfolder into an Album.

Any help with this would be appreciated. This has taken about an hour to do in the past, and I’m at least 5 hours into it already and no further along than when I started. And almost out of ideas…

Rattus
    Keymaster

I’ll add “Check for duplicates” feature in the next plugin update.

David
    Participant

Rattus, thanks for the offer.

Meanwhile, I don’t know how I’m supposed to make photo albums. I just tried the photo album with 379 photos again, and it uploaded over 4000 images. I don’t see any recent posts of others having this problem, but there were quite a few about a year ago. Surely there is some workaround that will allow me to make a photo album/gallery for my users.

Thanks for any tips.

David
    Participant

UPDATE: I worked around the file duplication problem by limiting the number of files in a folder to 100 files. I know it worked OK with 189 files in a folder, but I didn’t want to take any chances, so I kept the number of files small. It seems to be some sort of buffer size problem. I wish I had known how to work around it 10 hours and tens of thousands of file uploads ago.

Rattus
    Keymaster

In the latest version of Gmedia Gallery plugin there is new option in Action menu -> “Show duplicates in Gmedia Library”.
    Also plugin will check for duplicates while import media.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum