Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    junktemp
    Participant

Hello,

I have about 100 albums. I’d like to create a gallery like the Phantom module. When a user clicks on an image, it should take them to a details page about the album, and show the rest of the photos in the album.

I’d also like to be able to give users the ability to search/filter (like search/filter pro does).

Will I be able to acommplish this with GMedia?

Thanks,

Rattus
    Keymaster

I’m working on adding these features to the plugin.

junktemp
    Participant

Awesome! thanks for the reply – is this something that’ll happen very quickly or on the roadmap for a longer time?

Rattus
    Keymaster

I’m adding ability to comment gmedia items right now, after that I’ll add something like albums archive or so.

junktemp
    Participant

hi – just to ping back – Gallery Bank handles some of this pretty nicely…

you can have an album cover image, and the just show a list of albums and just the covers. clicking on a cover brings you to the album’s details page.

junktemp
    Participant

hmm – sort of like this:
    https://codeasily.com/community/topic/page-with-album-thumbnails/

I see that i can specify an album cover – but not sure how to display it. has that part been implemented?

Rattus
    Keymaster

1) Upload duplicates of images for each album (covers) and add them to some special tag or special album (e.g. “TopGallery”)
    2) Add Link to different galleries for each image, so each image will be linked to some unique gallery
    3) Create Phantom gallery and choose “TopGallery” as source.

Now your top gallery will be like list of albums where each thumbnail will be linked to separate gallery.

As for now Album’c cover is used only for Music Player. If mp3 file doesn’t have cover, then player will use album’s cover.
    The big update for Gmedia will be available in a few days. I’m already testing comments and wordpress search to find gmedia items like Posts.

romanski
    Participant

I just purchased the GMedia plugin and am very happy with it.
    I do hope that the Album cover image will work with all types of media (photography specifically) and not only for Music Player, very soon.
    Thank you Rattus for a detail explanation on how to accomplish this with your work-around.
    One addition that would be very useful is to have a tick box that would allow displaying the album in the Link URL field in a new browser tab.

cheers
    Roman

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Gmedia Gallery WordPress Plugin’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum