Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jon
    Participant

It appears my plugin for Gmedia is gone! It may have happened after a trying to do a recent update but the plugin is no longer there (my inserted galleries aren’t showing up)

How can I fix this problem without having to lose my pre-existing galleries?

Quick responses appreciated!

Rattus
    Keymaster

Post link to the gallery page. Problem could be in javascript error on the page or in plugins conflict.

jon
    Participant

http://www.bhmfashionweek.com/designers/designers-2014/bhmwk-2014-chateau-boutique/

That’s just one of quite a few galleries not showing up. The plugin is also no longer in my plugins list on WP but when I go to reinstall it manually it won’t let me.

“Destination folder already exists. /customers/2/e/c/bhmfashionweek.com/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/grand-media/”

Rattus
    Keymaster

Well, I’ve already seen problem like this. Probably there is just empty plugin folder: “/wp-content/plugins/grand-media/” but no plugin files in it.
    The only way to reinstall plugin is to delete “/wp-content/plugins/grand-media/” folder, so then you’ll be able to install it again via admin.

Also check if there is other plugins without files and delete them too (just in case you want them reinstall later and do not want to receive “Folder already exists” message)

jon
    Participant

But will doing this remove all the galleries I had before? I’d rather not loose them all because it would take lots of time to do again.

Can’t I just upload the plugin zip file up to the site’s file manager application folder?

Rattus
    Keymaster

Nope, all important files are in separate folder here: “/wp-content/grand-media/”
    Do not delete “/wp-content/grand-media/” only “/wp-content/plugins/grand-media/”

jon
    Participant

You’re a lifesaver!! Thank you very much for your help!! :D

Rattus
    Keymaster

I’ll be very appreciate if you rate my plugin at wordpress.org

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Troubleshooting’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Forum closed. Use forum at Wordpress.org: Gmedia Support Forum